E-Mail for Scala
Emil is a library for dealing with E-Mail in Scala. The api builds on Cats and FS2. It comes with a backend implementation that is based on the well known Java Mail library. As such it is just another wrapper library, but also a bit different:
- Extensible DSL for creating mails in code.
- Conveniently send mails via SMTP.
- Search mail boxes via IMAP.
- The data structures model a simplified E-Mail structure. Instead of adhering to the recursive structure of a mime message, a mail here is flat, consisting of a header, a body (text, html or both) and a list of attachments.
- The data structures and api are in a separate module, that doesn’t depend on a concrete implementation library, like Java Mail. An implementation based on fs2-mail or even EWS can be created without affecting the user code of this library.
Write your e-mail related code once and then decide how to execute.
With sbt, add the dependencies:
"com.github.eikek" %% "emil-common" % "0.9.1" // the core library "com.github.eikek" %% "emil-javamail" % "0.9.1" // implementation module
Emil is provided for Scala 2.12 and 2.13.
There are extension modules that offer integration with other libraries or additional features based on third-party libraries.
This project is distributed under the MIT