E-Mail for Scala
Emil is a library for dealing with E-Mail in Scala. The api builds on Cats and FS2. It comes with a backend implementation that is based on the well known Java Mail library. As such it is just another wrapper library, but also a bit different:
- Extensible DSL for creating mails in code.
- Conveniently send mails via SMTP.
- Search mail boxes via IMAP.
- The data structures model a simplified E-Mail structure. Instead of adhering to the recursive structure of a mime message, a mail here is flat, consisting of a header, a body (text, html or both) and a list of attachments.
- The data structures and api are in a separate module, that doesn’t depend on a concrete implementation library, like Java Mail. An implementation based on fs2-mail or even EWS can be created without affecting the user code of this library.
Write your e-mail related code once and then decide how to execute.
With sbt, add the dependencies:
"com.github.eikek" %% "emil-common" % "0.10.0-M2" // the core library "com.github.eikek" %% "emil-javamail" % "0.10.0-M2" // implementation module // … optionally, other modules analog
Emil is provided for Scala 2.12, 2.13 and 3. Note: from 0.10.0 emil is builta against CE3. Also from this version onwards, support for scala3 has been added.
There are extension modules that offer integration with other libraries or additional features based on third-party libraries.
This project is distributed under the MIT